Thursday 27 September 2012

Decorating Day


Home is where one starts from - T.S. Eliot

Cath Kidston, floral, bedding, T S Eliot, moving, university, nottingham, TESCO, Kitsch, Dunelm, mugs, new house, decorating, new bedroom, ideas
It's moving day! I class my house with my cat and cosy bed in Manchester as my 'home.' Since I've left my home I started to wonder how far am I away from the start? So I've passed Go collected my £200 but surely I can't have past at least the first train station on my Monopoly board of life.



But I am STARTING university, which makes this my new HOME therefore, I wanted to make it as homey as possible. 

I LOVE Cath Kidston but my bank balance and her price tags don't get along so well. Here is how I transformed my 2" x 3" cell block into a floral haven (on a budget!!) 
This bedding looks exactly like the Cath Kidston and is only £11 for the set compared to the steep price of £65 for the real deal. 
Cath Kidston, floral, bedding, T S Eliot, moving, university, nottingham, TESCO, Kitsch, Dunelm, mugs, new house, decorating, new bedroom, ideas
I used tea towels from Dunelms to decorate my notice board and found these perfect hearts on eBay. As a leaving present my little sister made me the dolls house which is jewelry box! It would be 'if i could only take one thing on a desert island' item. Each room stores a different type of jewelry, my rings, bracelets and has hooks for my necklaces, it's so thoughtful. 

Cath Kidston, floral, bedding, T S Eliot, moving, university, nottingham, TESCO, Kitsch, Dunelm, mugs, new house, decorating, new bedroom, ideas
 I do have Cath Kidston mugs (below) but I think this Tesco's cup is adorable and more unique. 

No comments:

Post a Comment