Saturday 22 December 2012

Introducing: Robert Vincent

acoustic guitar, country music, robert vincent, johnny cash, riots cry, ep, the bomb, liverpool music awards, male artist of the year, life in easy steps, youtube, music review, daisy foster, daisy quotes, I believe that everyone is guilty of secretly loving country music: I myself am a proud, cowboy boot-owning, two-stepping fan and was very excited by the introduction of Robert Vincent's 'November', where the uplifting strum of acoustic guitar teamed with a tambourine reminded me of early Johnny Cash.  'Riots Cry', which was released on October 21st, has "good mood" vibes and sounds like folk music, but joined by an electric guitar - crazy and it works perfectly.  His EP 'The Bomb' is so calming and is now most played on my 'Saturday afternoon car rides' playlist and, although his music is very cheerful, the lyrics are very honest and raw.  He seems to pride himself on this, commenting that with his songs "There’s no smoke and mirrors about it".
 
Vincent already has a great deal of support from his home city Liverpool, where he has been nominated for the Liverpool Music Awards' Male Artist of the Year.  He is currently touring, and will be bringing out a new single, 'Life in Easy Steps', in the near future.  This guy is busy, and it seems his hard work is paying off as his fan base and YouTube hits keep growing.






Please visit this SUPER website for articles on new, talented music on Carpe Musica

4 comments:

  1. Great post! Really like your music themed posts a lot. I've only ever heard "Light of the Stars" and love it, I must make an effort to listen to more of his stuff. :P

    http://www.youremyfavouriteflavour.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That track is fab.

      I love your blog, happy new year xx

      Delete
  2. Well reviewed. Great new artist with a great future. I didn't realize I was such a big country music fan,nothing wrong with that.Cheers Daisy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I really hope Robert Vincent does well he's so talented.
      Happy new year :)

      Delete